MINDFULNESS: PRACTICES TO GROW ATTENTION
(Calming and attention/mind training)
This is a great class to start with if you are just beginning to explore meditation. Its main goal is training the mind to become pliable and workable. Our minds are constantly bouncing from thought to thought, which is perfectly natural. In the process, our emotions, feelings and mood are tossed around, as well. Even if we resolve not to get angry (or be sad or worried) these mind states arise anyway.
The solution to living a happier calmer life is to train the mind. The mind is trained into attentiveness by keeping it on task. An aware and attentive mind is also a calm and clear mind.
In this 2 week foundational class, you will learn:
• Basic mind training meditations for sitting practice and off-the-cushion practice
• Tips and guidelines to get your meditation practice established
• Support structures to help you maintain your meditation practice
• Grow attentiveness
• Decrease mind wandering/distractibility
• Focus your attention at will throughout the day
• Increase calm and relaxation
• Grow emotional intelligence
• Improve relationships
• Develop new neural pathways, connections and networks in the brain